September 14, 2009

We all have our reasons

One of the (less significant) reasons why I enjoy being part of the 40Days campaign is that they employ my favorite color in their logo.

I love the color periwinkle, aka "light blue", because...

a. it's the color of Our Lady.

b. it's the same color as the bowl of the sky on a clear day.

c. it brings out the blue in my eyes when I wear it (or at least that's what a girl in college told me).

d. it was always one of the sharpest crayons left in the box.

e. it contains the word *wink*

Certainly this love of periwinkle was not the motivating factor in my decision to participate in my first campaign two years ago. It does make me happy to see it, though: two wings in flight.

 What do you suppose the logo was meant to represent? the spirit triumphant? angels bearing aloft the life of the child? It does look hopeful, doesn't it?

That's really the message we want to convey: Have hope, dear reader. In your time of trial, in your time of darkness, when you feel you have no other choice...hope in the Lord!

Light blue supposedly conveys peace & tranquility. May all those who hope in the Lord be filled with PEACE~

Philippians 4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6 Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

Peace be with you, dear reader!