October 18, 2009

How has God blessed YOU?

David Bereit shares this anecdote from a woman in Ontario:

One volunteer often takes the hours right before
dawn. On this particular day, there was a
determination to spend an hour kneeling in prayer. It
was cold. It had been raining all night. An umbrella
was a big help, but it did not protect the vigil
participant's legs, which got thoroughly soaked as
the cold rain picked up and fell even harder.

"I found myself wishing for the hour to hurry up."
But thoughts suddenly turned to Christ's suffering,
and everything that Jesus endured for our salvation.

"At this time, my experience of discomfort began
changing. It struck me that I had set out that
morning with the attitude that I would be providing a
service to God. No; not at all. God did a service to
me. He blessed me with an enriched prayer experience
and understanding of Christ's sacrificial love."

Soon, daylight began to appear. "I literally watched
darkness give way to the light of day all around me,
and I could not help but see the metaphor for our
society's culture of death. Was God showing me that
he would use our 40 Days for Life to scatter the
darkness of abortion in our nation with a new dawning
light, and a culture of life? I hope so. I believe
so. And I am grateful that he allowed me to take part
in His mighty work."

If you have any examples of God touching your heart at 320, dear reader, please leave a comment and let us know. God does amazing work when we invite Him into our hearts.