October 29, 2011

International

Sean Carney's reflection from today's devotional reminds us that people all over the world are standing in solidarity with us when we stand and pray at 320 Fulton. He includes messages of solidarity from people praying in Germany, Argentina, and Vancouver.

I especially liked the imagery in today's prayer:


O God, from generation to generation, you have called
your people to be the very aroma of life amidst a
culture of death. Now it is our turn. Prepare me.
Send me. Use me. I am eager to do my part. Stir your
people everywhere to take up this great work.

Isn't that lovely? we are called to be the aroma of life in a culture of death.

That aroma has spread around the world. It doesn't need to be pungent; it simply needs to be wafting into people's consciousness. Let the Holy Spirit do the work, and your silent prayer on a cold, lonely sidewalk will reverberate around the globe!